Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I have a love/hate relationship with the snow notes. If it is the same as Snow White, then it's a nope for me, as no matter how much I want to love Snow White, she just doesn't work on my skin. So I was cautious and only bought a decant of Snow Cross to see. 

Well this was unexpected! Not only is the most definitely NOT the snow note from Snow White, it's not really minty or wintry at all! The rose is very prominent here, but instead of what I expected, I get a scent that takes me right back to my childhood! This smells like the little grey anise candies that my dad used to love! It's very surprising, and this is not what I would call licorice either. I have several of the other BPALS that have contained a licorice note over the years, and it's not that. But somehow whatever Beth used as her snow here has blended with Rose Cross in a very unexpected but delightful way, at least for me. Long lasting on my skin, and decent throw too!

I need a bottle of this because not only is it lovely and wearable, but I need it as a nostalgic memory.

Snowy incense. I cannot pick out the rose in this scent. I think the snow note is overpowering it, but the frankincense is definitely there. And the scent overall very nicely balances the snow note with the surprisingly deep, resiny frankincense. Pleasant, but I was hoping for more rose.