Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Lavender Plum Galette

A mouth-watering mixture of glistening plum wedges and ground almonds,
enfolded in flaky crust and drizzled with lavender sea-salted caramel.

Edited by Jenjin

This is an astonishingly gorgeous scent that, if you looked up the recipe for it on a blog, you would have to read a 20k word cautionary tale and descent into the realm of culinary darkness that begins in the heart of the enchanted forest and hints at a narrative that defies the expected dichotomies of good and evil. I really do feel like there is quite a story with this one! But no one’s got that kind of time, so I will sum it up for you. Picture a cursed orchard, a spectral bakehouse, and a dessert table tainted by the obscure whims of an otherworldly confectioner of unknown intent, a gourmand elegy of the unsettling and delicious.

Oh hai, Snake Charmer Res.

Seriously, whenever I sniffed this, I would think of that scent. I believe they feature the same plum note.

Now, I am not a plum lover, and only decided to try this in my quest to try the whole Lavender Kitchen, but the plum in Snake Charmer Resurrected was the only scent I enjoyed containing a plum note (I destashed that bottle to someone who loved it more). I get lots of lavender over some salted caramel at first, but then that plum note joins in, and once it becomes the dominant note, I just can't help but think of Snake Charmer.

Obviously, the two scents don't share any other notes, but if you're down for a lavender-infused, foodie version of that plum, you should be delighted with this.

I'm really surprised by how much I enjoyed this when testing it yesterday and will have to spend more time with it before it goes away to see if a decant will suffice.

I was almost scared off by the mention of almond (I hate the cherry scent of almond extract), but I'm so glad that I got a bottle of Lavender Plum Galette because it is stunning and I get no almond at all from it.  The lavender is a little herbal, a little creamy, a little sweet, and very airy and spa-like.  The plum has an edge of sugarplum to it, but it's also very dark and sensual.  I agree with doomsday_disco that it is like the plum in Snake Charmer, but the plum here is the star of the scent and it's so amazing.

The lavender starts out strong, but the plum takes over in the drydown, and it turns into mostly that gorgeous plum note with hints of airy lavender spa and a square of warm, gooey caramel.  I want to order multiple bottles of this.

My first review! I'm soooo sad that it's not a positive one. I love every scent listed for Lavender Plum Galette, and unfortunately it smells like pickle juice, in the bottle and on the skin.

Wet: pickle juice

Dry: pickle juice

Dry + 2 hours: sour and something else I can't name, maybe uncooked dough from the flaky crust?

I've tried it twice, a month apart. Both times it goes instantly to pickle juice and stays there.  I'm a BPAL newbie and have seen lots of advice about letting these rest, so I'll put it back in the box and try again in a month or so. Fingers crossed!