Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Amoraexcena

Tobacco flower/white tobacco scents you recommend?

Hopefully it's okay that I'm starting a new thread, I did do a search to see if this existed yet.

I've lately really gotten into the "pale tobacco" scents, with tobacco flower or white tobacco - To a Wreath of Snow, Pediophobia, Zorya P... I'm wondering if I've missed any GCs that I should try/LEs to hunt down. Hag Grey Hair Gloss seems really popular, is that a must-try? Any others that folks love?

I love this note, too. A Vision of the Courtesan (Tobacco leaf, rice milk, and frankincense) is a 2020 Luper with tobacco leaf rather than flower, but it absolutely belongs in the same family as To a Wreath of Snow and Zorya Polunochnaya. It's elegant and creamy. Blauer Mond (blue musk, and indigo amber, myrrh, moonlit oudh, oppoponax, terebinth, and tobacco leaf) has a great tobacco leaf note, too. It reads contemplative and cool to me.

I noticed a number of comparisons to Pediophobia in the reviews for Kiseru (Red sandalwood, vanilla husk, and tobacco smoke) as well, but I haven't tried Pediophobia myself. Kiseru is woody vanilla with a gentle haze of tobacco over it, not too smoky at all.

Incubus (Spectral white musk and the heart-stopping chill of sheared mint, fanned by caramel-touched body heat, and the diabolical sensuality of black musk, nicotiana, and sage) is the only GC I have tried with nicotiana/tobacco flower, and it's lovely with the sage, but it gets a bit overshadowed by the other notes.

For nicotiana:

Smoky Moon 2009: Tristesses de la Lune (Soft sandalwood, nicotiana, and velvety orris drifting over lustrous pale musks, stephanotis, elemi, and cyclamen.)

Door (Golden honey, nicotiana, blue chamomile, and cistus)

Mysterious Warning (A scent evocative of poisonous family secrets: dry lavender-infused amber, battered leather, nicotiana, osmanthus, and jasmine tea.)

Long Night Moon 2017 (A bouquet of night-blooming flowers, petals dusted with frost. Cereus, datura and moonflower accord, night phlox, honeysuckle, silver thyme, nicotiana, pale tuberose, white mint, and blue musk.)

On 11/20/2023 at 8:15 AM, rawgirl75 said:

For nicotiana:

Smoky Moon 2009: Tristesses de la Lune (Soft sandalwood, nicotiana, and velvety orris drifting over lustrous pale musks, stephanotis, elemi, and cyclamen.)

Door (Golden honey, nicotiana, blue chamomile, and cistus)

Mysterious Warning (A scent evocative of poisonous family secrets: dry lavender-infused amber, battered leather, nicotiana, osmanthus, and jasmine tea.)

Long Night Moon 2017 (A bouquet of night-blooming flowers, petals dusted with frost. Cereus, datura and moonflower accord, night phlox, honeysuckle, silver thyme, nicotiana, pale tuberose, white mint, and blue musk.)

Ohhhh, I had overlooked nicotiana - is that the same (or similar) to tobacco flower? 

16 hours ago, Amoraexcena said:

Ohhhh, I had overlooked nicotiana - is that the same (or similar) to tobacco flower? 

Nicotiana IS the genus name for tobacco https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotiana

I LOVE tobacco flower, and have all of the above recommended scents (and more).  These are the ones that I have/tried that fit the 'pale' theme.

I missed out on Hag Grey Hair Gloss when it was released, sadly :'(

Edited by rawgirl75

4 hours ago, rawgirl75 said:

Nicotiana IS the genus name for tobacco https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotiana

I LOVE tobacco flower, and have all of the above recommended scents (and more).  These are the ones that I have/tried that fit the 'pale' theme.

I missed out on Hag Grey Hair Gloss when it was released, sadly 😢

I see, thank you for the recommendations! I'll have to keep an eye out for them! I missed out on Hag Grey as well, sadly... They resurrected To a Wreath of Snow, so maybe we'll one day see this one again as well (or something similar!)

Sign in to follow this