Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Initial thoughts: I hope it's like the old Panacea blend that was good for headaches, Oof or Ugh or Grr - I forget which it was.

In the bottle
: As advertised, lots of peppermint and eucalyptus. If you've ever tried the Bath and Body Works Eucalyptus/Spearmint aromatherapy scent, this is that but much icier and fresher and better.

On the skin: Wow, ALL the peppermint! The first inhale from my wrist made my nostrils tingle. It's certainly working as a distraction from the headache.

Drydown: The peppermint blast has calmed down, letting the eucalyptus through. I'm also getting the first hints of lemon.

Later: Lemony bright and soothing and I do think it helped bring the headache down a bit. I could see applying a bit to the temples, or to the wrists and lying down where one wrist is near my nose and just letting the scent drift around.

Verdict: Glad I got it. Might be on the lookout for a backup bottle.

Unclench is different from Grr, the discontinued Panacea scent for headaches (which I've missed), but they both share strong peppermint notes. I wondered if this would be similar to Travel Buddies, which shares all of these notes. But I get more eucalyptus from Travel Buddies than this scent, which is more about the mint. The eucalyptus and the brightness of the lemon are noticeable once the bracing peppermint calms down, but I wouldn't say this is a eucalyptus-heavy scent. I was honestly expecting more eucalyptus!

I cannot attest to this one's effectiveness against headaches yet (although I'm sure it will work wonders), but I can say that this is one for peppermint fans. And as a peppermint fan, I'm really happy I grabbed a bottle of this.

I probably should have grabbed multiples of these aromatherapy exclusives.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I was hoping for a perfume oil similar to the old D*Con Con-Cramp massage oil - and this was close!  Maybe a little less sweet because lemon instead of orange.

In the bottle and wet both smell strong, sinus-clearing, clean, bright, and lovely!  

It took me a few tries to realize that for me, the dry down is nothing.  It's gone in less than an hour.  poo.  It's so lovely and was looking forward to using it as a stress-reliever aromatherapy bottle to keep at my work desk.