Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Take the edge off when dealing with crowds and other con stressors: patchouli, blue tansy, tangerine, lavender, and ylang ylang.

When I sniff this in the bottle, it's mostly lavender to me.  I was hoping for more patch and ylang ylang.    It is a VERY nice lavender with a hint of ylang.

Doesn't last on my skin though -- this will be a "apply directly to pillow" or scent locket type for me.

Recovery Room is mostly about the citrus on me. It smells like a freshly peeled tangerine, with hints of patchouli and lavender. I'd put it in the same family as Holiday Survival Juice, an uplifting TAL scent. Yet, even though this is uplifting, it somehow is comforting enough to aid in sleep as well (despite the bright citrus).

Blue tansy is typically a really strong note, so I'm surprised I didn't get blasted with it here. Perhaps it and the ylang ylang will be more noticeable after this scent has had more time to settle (although I did let it settle for almost a week before trying it).

I'm really happy to have a bottle and wonder if my tangerine-heavy experience will last. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

I was intimidated to try this at first because I wasn't in love with the smell in the bottle, which seemed like all sharp ylang ylang. I love love love and NEED the intention of this oil, though, so I finally bit the bullet last night and was pleasantly surprised! The patchouli is a background player, mostly undetectable? Maybe just giving it a little oomph. I get a soft and ephemeral tangerine lavender with light tansy giving it kind of a herby-floral feel. It's very comforting and uplifting. I love this.