Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dragon With a Penis Hat

This likely needs more resting (perhaps the reason no one has left a review yet?) but right out of the gate it's VERY dragon's blood and champaca forward. Smells just like burning a piece of dragon's blood resin. I usually amp red musk, but it's currently nowhere to be found. I'm hoping the musk and vanilla come through with some rest and time to balance out the sharpness of the resins.

Wet: chewy dragons blood and red musk POW

dry down: dragons blood settles, slightly powdery champaca blooms with a very subtle darker vanilla (not foody, not strong).

I had a different chemistry reaction from others, the red musk is center stage on me in this dragon.   I will say like Ghost Dragon Mama on me this starts off with an almost sour note, but that burns off almost immediately.

I love this so much and I love the Lab for making these scents available on their regular website.  This dragon smells like vintage bpal to me, all 2005 nostalgia and heavy and luscious.  I could see this being a reformulation of Dragon's Milk, actually, particularly in the drydown on my skin, though it's stronger than Dragon's Milk and feels a bit more grownup to me (a bit darker, heavier, better throw).  The first 5 minutes are very incense smoky and I wasn't sure that I was going to like it initially, but the drydown is pure magic and smells like honeyed red musk and vanilla cream, paired with the most wonderful dragon's blood note.  It's a resinous, glowing red dragon's blood with no watery floral or powdery tones in it.  I wish I'd ordered more than one bottle.

This one is a lot mellower than I expected, and I’m usually too intimidated by these notes! In the bottle, I agree that it’s very dragon’s blood forward—I was immediately brought back to my teen years burning incense, but that intensity faded almost instantly on my skin. After a few moments it blurred into a soft, sweet, pinkish resin, drier than Dragon’s Milk and a bit less sweet. To my nose, this is a closer relative than Ghost Dragon’s Mama!