Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Royal Hojari frankincense, 7-year aged raw patchouli, oakmoss, Yemeni myrrh, green fig, omubiri resin, blackberry syrup, and a sprig of crushed mint.

Posted in another thread August 21st (will update this review as I wear it more):

I normally avoid mint, but I've gotten every single one of the stone series from HM (including those inspired by them) & so I decided the worst case was I'd have to drop it in my sales page if it was terrible. But it isn't! It's actually gorgeous on. In the bottle, the mint is a bit more punch you in the face than on (wet). However, the earthy scents mellowed it enough to not scare me.

It's still fresh from the mail, so it may morph yet, but gosh it is pretty. It feels a little otherworldly (which, given its creation, seems on point), but the mint is not a camphorous one but more of the scent found in a garden of it (we use it as ground cover & this smells like when we have to walk through it). The patch, moss, & fig all blend in to reinforce that garden mint feel (maybe because we also have a bitch patch plant in with our mint, it smells like home). The resins come out a bit later in the drydown, with the blackberry never to be found. I look forward to seeing how it does after it settles & then after it ages.

This is beautiful. Smells how Moldavite looks to me. Some of my ancestors are from the area Moldavite is most extracted from so I feel a closeness with the material and had to get the perfume because the notes sounded amazing. Scent is great, bottle only full to the top of the label is...disappointing.

Eta: I wore this the other day (in Feb '24) and finally smelled the blackberry and mint! My original review was based on feel, not scent, because I just wasn't smelling much. I wonder why this isn't more popular? Frankincense, patchouli, oakmoss, blackberry and (my opinion) spearmint. Very unique and wearable.

Edited by HerbGirl