Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Blauer Mond 2023

Brian’s interpretation.

A whisper under the moonlight: blue musk, and indigo amber, myrrh, moonlit oudh, opoponax, terebinth, and tobacco leaf.

I didn't like this when the bottle first arrived, but it just needed some time to rest from its mailbox shock because now it is absolutely gorgeous.  Blauer Mond starts off sweet like cotton candy melting into a pool of refreshing, serene, chilly water (the blue musk) and then the rich, sweet resins and spicy tobacco begin to quickly take over the drydown.  The drydown is so sensual and attractive to me, full of dark, sweet myrrh and opoponax, a rich and just ever so slightly smoky amber incense, and a tobacco that's a perfect mix of golden sweetness, sweet clove-ish spice, and warm earthiness.  The blue musk gives everything a smooth, polished quality and a little lift to the heavier notes.  I want to drench my partner in this scent.

This is pretty nice. The terebinth pine dominates the opening, but this mellows out into something dark and I agree with Little Bird, sensual is a great term. There's a softness to it that is unexpected. I don't get a lot of oudy-ness at all! And it's not reading like your usual myrrh, either.

I don't really know how else to describe this other than you're with your cute metalhead friend in a dark, moonlit forest, you maybe just had a group ritual or sumbel around a fire with some friends, but the fire has been put out now, and he is seeing you back to your car, and he finally drums up the courage to kiss you after seven years, so kinda exactly what you were hoping for?