Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Golden Amber, Muguet, and Oak

On me this starts out with the oak leading the way, followed by the golden amber. I find the amber particularly lovely here, because it has a warmth to it which blends really well with the woodsy oak. The muguet is there on the edges of the scent adding a slightly perfumey quality. 

This is a warm and woodsy scent with lily in the background. To me its one of those scents I'd want to wear on cooler autumn days. I'm really enjoying wearing this one. 

Edited by becca_s

i was hesitant about this one because of the muguet, aka lily of the valley. while i love florals esp lily of the valley, they often go pure soap on me. ambers can be hit or miss for me as well, although it tends to be white ambers that go powdery/soapy on me so this golden amber intrigued me along with the oak. omg i am so glad i did because this is all about that amazing golden amber-oak combo on my skin with no trace of lily soap anywhere. literally gorgeous. the oak adds a bit of nuttiness rather than a woodsy quality to me, so this scent is pure chewy golden amber. maybe it's the amber, maybe it's lilies peeking through but there seems to be a slight fizzy quality to this scent that reminds me of what labdanum can sometimes do. this scent reminds me somewhat of an oakier, nuttier mary magdalene (from the july 22 paintings)

ETA still present after 2 hours of wear without much morphing. i feel like the lilies came out somewhat giving the scent a sort of green vibe but not in a floral, soapy, or grassy way. the oak definitely comes out more into the drydown, giving some dark woody definition. great throw

Edited by DiZZysTARdust