Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Toastcrumbs

Cherry recommendations

Hi,

im relatively new to bpal. I’m having a hard time looking for scents without getting overwhelmed by the amount of choices. I really enjoyed the imp I got of Blood Kiss and would like to explore other cherry scents. Cherry scents without clove or at least without so much clove.

If it helps, so far my favourite non cherry scents: No man is an island,  coffee bean cacao and khus, obatala.

Scents I’ve hated: twinkle twinkle little bat, jazz funeral

Any help would be lovely 🥰 

Hello!

I love cherry, and here are some of my recommendations from what is currently available:

From Yule 2022:

Red Velvet Tuxedo - Some people get a ton of cologne from this, though, and you have to like cake, too... so it really depends if your skin chemistry brings out more cherry and cake or cologne.

Spumoni - This has cherry, but it's not a super strong cherry because of the creamy ice cream. You also have to like chocolate and pistachio (I'm guessing chocolate is okay because of that coffee bean trio you mentioned liking).

There's another cherry scent from the Yules, but it's not complete cherry as there's fig, too: Up the Stairs, We Dance the Tango. For me, the fig was too dark and strong, but it depends on how you feel about fig! I am not a fig lover.

From Lupercalia 2023:

There is a whole cherry category in this year's Lupercalia update. I tried them all except for the jasmine one.

Of those, my favorites were:

Black Cherry and Elderflower Seltzer - If you did not like the effervescence/fizz of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat (not sure why that one was a fail for you), you might not like this one, either. It's strong on the black cherry at first, but the elderflower soda vibe gets stronger over time and wins out, although the cherry doesn't completely disappear.

Griotte, Lime, and White Musk - This is kind of like a cherry limeade slush, but not as sweet as a slush would be.

It wasn't for me, but Dried Cherry Incense and Spun Sugar seems to be the most popular scent from this year's Lupercalia cherry offerings. Cherry Wine might be worth a try since Blood Kiss has both cherry and wine, and this one has no clove, but since it is boozed up cherry with nothing else, you might get a medicinal sort of cherry from it.

If you don't dislike lemon, Doom Cake, from the Dr. Caligari collection, is sugary lemon cake and cherry-swirled deliciousness.

One currently available cherry scent that I wouldn't recommend is Fairy Lobster Foam, because that is more about the milky foam than the cherry, which is very fleeting. Choke Me, another currently available scent, is too aquatic and not enough cherry for me, and I wouldn't recommend it based on the other scents you love.

If you're not looking for any limited editions, the only general catalog scent with cherry in it that I think might be worth a try is The Red Queen, but it really depends on how much you enjoy woods, because the cherry quickly gives way to those deep wood notes.

There was a new cherry offering in the latest Lunacy update, but it is too new for anyone to have tried it yet: Morello Cherry, Ginger Root, and Black Musk.

All of my cherry favorites are sadly no longer available, and in many cases, rare. 😅 So I don't want to recommend something that's hard to find. But if you look through these search results, it will pull up every single scent with a description or review mentioning cherry. So you can sift through old reviews and find something that catches your eye, and you can add them to your wishlist and hope to come across them in the future. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

Hmm...I agree with doomsday_disco but, I would add Hollywood Babylon as a GC rec. It is a favorite of mine- very berry with red musk and patchouli but no clove. 🙂

So...it is actually amber, not patchouli but my recommendation stands!

Edited by HerbGirl

I'll chime in with another GC - Kabuki! if you don't mind anise. It's a nice cherry one to try (cherry, red musk and star anise).