Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

With Stars Surrounded

White gardenia petals, coconut meat, tobacco flower, white amber, orris root,

violet absolute, red benzoin, tuberose, white tea, mugwort, and sheer vanilla.

Mine just came and this is so aptly named. The scent is a light and bright haze with delicate notes. It reminds me of some of the Shunga Vulvas from the last couple of years. It's like Triumphant Vulva has collided with Abalone Vulva, and there is some scissoring going on. In a good way. With stars.

The gardenia is creamy and not overwhelming, and I'm happy that I'm not getting any indolic character to it. The orris is delicate and adds sweetness and texture, but isn't coming off very powdery. The white amber and vanilla (and it really is a "sheer") vanilla are giving me that starry vibe. I think the tobacco flower leans that way as well. The coconut meat gives it some body. I don't detect the violet, tuberose, or mugwort, and I do know what all those things smell like. 

Love it. 

Edited by abejita

This is mostly a dusty white floral scent on me. The gardenia is the most prominent of the floral notes, but the white amber and orris add that dustiness to the scent, and there's some sweetness from the violet. The Lab's white tea note, which is typically pretty loud on me, is very subdued here, and I don't get the mugwort at all (wahh! I love the stuff), or the vanilla. Actually, I don't pick up on the tobacco flower, either, which is wild, because that tends to dominate most scents I try with it as a note.

This was kinder to me than I expected despite containing two notes I typically avoid (orris and violet). While it's not in my wheelhouse (not enough sweetness accompanying these florals for me), it was nice to get a chance to try it.

Edited by doomsday_disco