Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Minty On My Lips

Even the brainiest femme fatale schemes are bound to collapse under the weight of a monstrous ego. The scent of defeat snatched from the jaws of success: a soft, satiny pink grapefruit punctured by a shiny metal drill bit.

This starts off with a blast of pink grapefruit, and there's a burst of coolness that I thought might be a eucalyptus note at first, but it might just have been mint, because that's what I get a hint of after the grapefruit does a disappearing act and leaves me with what I think may be white musk (possibly the satiny aspect described in the scent?), a little cologne-y metal, and a bit of light, cool mint. The metal note in here is understated compared to other metal scents, and I really enjoyed that cool blast with the grapefruit in the beginning (it was such a nice pick-me-up after being sick for a week).

I really enjoyed the wet phase of this one, but the grapefruit didn't stick around long enough on me (I was here for the grapefruit)!

Up front this absolutely smells like a satiny grapefruit. Not a fresh breakfast grapefruit. Like a satin sheet grapefruit. Then some of the satin fades once it dries and it's a soft fuzzy pith over a metallic backdrop. A subtle unsweet citrus.