• Members
  • 3,265 posts
  • Mood:Very Relaxed
  • SotD:Antikythera Mechanism
  • Horse
  • Libra
  • Vietnam

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:19 AM

I paced the floor to and fro with heavy strides, as if excited to fury by the observations of the men — but the noise steadily increased. Oh God! what could I do? I foamed — I raved — I swore! I swung the chair upon which I had been sitting, and grated it upon the boards, but the noise arose over all and continually increased. It grew louder — louder — louder! And still the men chatted pleasantly, and smiled. Was it possible they heard not?

Black opium and screeching blood orange.

Could not pass this up with those two notes!  The opium is mellow (as opposed to how it comes on in my beloved Debauchery).  Perhaps people were put off by the "screeching" blood orange, but no worries. In fact, the orange is the sweet star of the show. It does not have a lot of throw; however,  I sprayed it in my braid last night  and it was still very evident in the morning.  I am happily huffing my hair now!   The opium and orange play very well together. 

#2 Mjanefh

Mjanefh

casual sniffer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Rabbit
  • Leo
  • United States

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

I love this scent! It even wears well on me as a perfume. Very sophisticated! It reminds me of a Jo Malone fragrance I had some time ago. The sweet orange is very prominent at first, then it melds into the swirl of opium quite nicely. Highly recommend!

#3 NoNoNo

NoNoNo

diabolical decanter

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • SotD:Lights of men's lives
  • Nothing Selected
  • Cancer
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

I love this one. Nothing overpowering just a beautiful opium based scent and it pairs really well with when nothing was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users