• Banned
  • 2,106 posts
  • Mood:pained
  • SotD:Tin Foil Hat
  • Rooster
  • Pisces
  • United States

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:01 AM

Pale gold oil. Chocolate, carnation, and rose? Reminds of Kali, but spicier from the carnation. This one requires further testing, because I love Kali.

Edited by fairnymph, 09 December 2009 - 12:01 AM.

#2 zankoku_zen

zankoku_zen

The MacGyver of BPAL

• Members
  • 9,836 posts
  • Mood:Sherlocked
  • SotD:White Light + Anthelion
  • Ram
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

Chocolate and rose are the most predominant components on me. There might be some carnation in there lurking as well.

Oddly reminiscent of Kali. But less boozy.

#3 crebbsgirl

crebbsgirl

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 2,515 posts
  • Mood:Stress Ball
  • SotD:French Creole
  • Monkey
  • Virgo
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

Yup, chocolate and rose here. But the rose is pretty faint on me. There is a powdery aspect here too. I quite like this, and I'm not one for rose scents.

#4 myth

myth

obsessive precious hoarder

• Members
  • 2,140 posts
  • Mood:pie!
  • Nothing Selected
  • Leo
  • United States

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:50 AM

Either the sniffy from the circle was mislabeled, or my nose is broken, because I smell neither chocolate nor rose.

I get the floral kind of vanilla, like what is in CC:Female, and something powdery at first. Turns more vanilla as it dries, ending as a dryish dusty vanilla with a faint tinge of floral. I prefer the end to the beginning, but it's not my kind of scent either way.

#5 bheansidhe

bheansidhe

evil enabler

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • Mood:thoughtful
  • Pig
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

I've tested two decants of this: a prototype sniffie, and a half-imp bought from another person.

Proto sniffie: I get the resemblance to Kali, though I'm reminded a bit more of Santa Muerte. On me it's a warm, rich, spicy musk with a hint of powdered (not fresh) ginger and cardamom. Subtle and low to the skin. There's a dusty cocoa sweetness that is neither bitter Mexican chocolate nor hazelnuts, but somewhere between.

I also get a flavor reminiscent of the tobacco husks note in Pinched with Four Aces. If there's a floral in here, it's a warm and pungent one like marigold.

My purchased decant was heavier on the musk - a dark brown smelling musk - and a touch more masculine, but otherwise read like the first tester. On a second test, it reminded me of the oak-and-hazelnut background in Wezwanie/Hold, still with the cocoa cardamom note on top.

No rose in either sample.

Edited by bheansidhe, 02 September 2010 - 02:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users