Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Wandering Eye

A heart-rending, grief-clenched perfume of blackcurrant, carrot seed, rose otto, immortelle, salt musk, violet leaf absolute, and lemon peel.

First off, get a gander at that label art! Showcasing what I have come to think of as The Eyes of Becky Munich, as this artist’s eerie ocular renderings are truly things of eldritch beauty. And though I was not familiar with the particular sonnet that this fragrance was inspired by, there is no denying that the scent overall encapsulates the mournful lyricism that I associate with Edna St. Vincent Millay. For me, this is more a whispery, poetic feeling with an exquisitely elegiac quality–somewhere between gothic melodrama and tragic Victorian fairy poetry– than it is an actual smell that I can pinpoint …but envision this: a handful of sweet, dried chamomile brewed in a teacup of tears and pebbled with precious stones gathered from a reliquary; left as a graveside offering on a day when the sky is sullen, and the light is bruised and the descent of evening fog, milky, opaque, thick as wool, concludes the silent ceremony.

Unfortunately this was pretty soapy on me. Fancy soap, but this was not the scent for me. The salt musk is the strongest, making the scent aquatic at its base. I get the citrus of the lemon peel and the florals end up being more of a pale white floral musk on me. Overall, a salty aquatic with a glow of lemon and floral musk.