Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

Harvest Moon 2022

This Harvest lunacy combines the autumnal scents of dry leaves, mulling spices, balsam fir, pine needles, cedar, juniper berry, clove, saffron, damson plum, white sage, yarrow, and lily twined with Dionysus’ sacred grapes and ivy, a bounty of apple, black fig, and pumpkin, and the amaranth and lingum aloes of Janus, all touched by a gentle breath of festival woodsmoke and sweet wine.

I was lucky enough to smell this at a small Sniff Things gathering recently (recently enough to order my own bottle) and I am so SO glad I did, because I have found my dupe for my long-beloved Hearth '05.

A bit of background: an imp of Hearth '05 was my very first BPAL scent, back in '07, and I immediately fell in love with it. Later formulations of Hearth changed and were different from the one I loved and so I searched for a dupe for it. Some came close, but none of them hit until I tried this year's Harvest Moon. (I have done a side-by-side with Hearth '05 and this and while there are some subtle differences, this is so close it's practically twins.)

In the bottle: sweet woodsmoke, pine and plum, fig, grapes, dusty ivy and dry leaves.

Wet: The mulling spices, clove, and smoke take center stage with the pine and cedar backing it up, all softened by the sweet fruits and what I'm thinking must be the aloe. 

On the drydown the evergreens and spices, flowers and greenery, woodsmoke and wine all mix into something I've spent the last 15 years looking for (in fact a friend, when she smelled it on me, commented that it just "smelled like [me]"). 

Woodsmoke, dry leaves, and a whiff of fruits. Evergreens and spices, and smoke. Medium throw and wear length.