Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Failmingo

IMPORTANT - Dragon Con Update

The basics, and then the gossip:

• Regretfully, due to health concerns, BPAL is pulling out of Dragon Con
• Instead, we will be releasing this year's convention exclusive products online
• If you had been planning to attend the con to pick up for others, please email Customer Service (if you have someone picking up for you, please let THEM be the point of contact with the Lab)

Yesterday, amidst the rising tide of Delta variant Covid-19 cases, Dragon Con announced that proof of vaccination (or negative test results) would be required for entry at this year's convention. We salute them for taking this responsible precaution, which will surely save lives.

However, when BPAL originally committed to attending, the Delta variant and breakthrough cases were not a concern as they are now. Also, due to the region's rising level of infection, we cannot count on receiving adequate medical care in the event of ANY illness or injury. As a family business this is deeply concerning and we've decided we cannot expose ourselves or our employees to this level of risk. As a result, we feel we have no choice but to withdraw.

We recognize this will be a terrific disappointment to many of our customers. It's a loss for us as well, in terms of our reservation fee and the event sales which are part of our annual budget, not to mention the chance to reunite with those we haven't seen in far too long. We extend our sympathies to loyal customers as well as the Dragon Con team, all of whom have been stuck similarly weighing difficult decisions related to their own safety as well as others'.

To help lessen the sting, we have decided to make all of our 2021 Con Exclusive products available online, so that no one misses out on a particular scent they had been planning to buy; more on this release will be forthcoming ASAP.
If you were planning to serve as a BPAL "fairy" (i.e. picking up products to distribute to others), please reach out to Ted: answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com. We are asking that ONLY those individuals reach out, to lessen the strain on Customer Service as we sort all this out. If you have already paid someone to pick up products for you, please make sure they see this announcement, and let them serve as your point of contact with the Lab.

If you have additional questions, please reach out to me (tom@blackphoenixalchemylab.com). You're welcome to message me with questions here, which I'll answer if I'm able.

Thanks in advance for rolling with these changes, folks. We knew we were already offering a reduced, compromised version of the BPAL experience (sampling through masks, etc.). As exciting as it was to see how many were game to go on that adventure with us, we're certain this is the best way to go.

239688698_10158915342422098_815820439456