Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Failmingo

Some Notes on THE LAST UNICORN Re-Release...

Hi ho, hi ho! We aren't sharing this "publicly" yet, but I wanted folks here to be the first to hear it so there will be plenty of time to process your feelings before we start re-releasing The Last Unicorn this summer.

In a nutshell, there are going to be some differences. I know everyone wants to recapture the EXACT scent they fell in love with before, but ingredient accessibility over the span of a decade can make that impossible; in certain cases we'll be approximating original formulas using updated components based on what's actually available now, not unlike the "Resurrected" collection a few years back.

And in other cases (I don't know which yet!) the formula itself will be tweaked, reflecting areas in which our beloved perfumer has been convinced FOR YEARS that she could do better. It's essentially the same spirit that has inspired us to update the labels, beloved and familiar as the old ones have become. We have grown! And we want to present our best work.

So we know there's likely to be a certain element of surprise in this collection, welcome or otherwise, and we wanna be up front about it so the actual release itself isn't too marred by disappointed reactions, and no one ends up feeling tricked. Questions are welcome, I'll answer what I can, when I can!

Overall this re-release represents a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes and we're terribly proud of it. Please keep that in mind amidst your unavoidable pangs of nostalgia for the original stuff. We feel them too, but we've simply gotta do what we must in order to keep holding our heads up.

Thanks for listening! Back to your previously scheduled screaming.

192612883_10158764166237098_165903314296

Sign in to follow this