Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Papilio Androgenius Epidarus (Prototype)

This was mentioned in the Dirty South Lunacy back in 2015. 
And speculated that the released version may be Insects.

This one does have patchouli, it has a very purple vibe, but there's a floral freshness to it. The patchouli is there to give darkness and glimmer in shadows. Overall, the top notes are a purple floral (perhaps even phlox), mayhaps violet. It is lighter and airier than Insects, and more along the lines of what you think a moth/butterfly blend would be, whereas Insects was a harder, grittier patchouli blend. In this it makes me think more Black Moths than Insects. Although I don't smell roses in this blend. It actually reminds me more to the atmosphere Lucille Sharpe, if Lucille Sharpe was to turn into a winged insect. 

I could also see this as having violets. I get a note like incense sticks from Papilio Androgenius Epidarus that is prominent in bottle and when wet. I have them both on my skin, side by side to test. IMO, Insects has more fruit. Its juicy somehow. Papilio Androgenius Epidarus shines on drydown when it becomes dark dried fruits and dry brittle flower petals, something green in here, but its also brittle. Purple, but somehow ashen.

Insects is the more vibrant sister scent, pretty and juicy, living breathing florals. I prefer Insects but imagine others would like Papilio Androgenius Epidarus better.