Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Laughable Erotic Shellfish

I am so glad I took a chance on this! Clove makes me nervous - I like it, but it tends to take over everything on me. This is a cloud of lilac like the ones under my bedroom window, with something green underneath that I can't quite figure out from the notes. The darker notes are just gentle support in the background, keeping Ms. Lilac grounded in her garden bed. Less drugstore perfume of the 80s and more a walk around the back yard in mid-May. It feels very spring-y to me and I look forward to wearing it as the weather starts to finally turn.

Jasmine, lilac, labdanum and cassis. This smells like a dark purple floral. You get lilac and jasmine as the most intense florals, but the resinous labdanum adds both sweetness and a base, and cassis is there to turn everything purple. It makes me think of Dior's Poison in vibe if not necessarily in smell. In that this is a sophisticated dark floral perfume. Sultry, sexy.  Good throw and wear length.

at first i get something a bit vegetal/floral. not sure what, it doesn't have a lot of character just yet. soon after it's lilac, jasmine and oakmoss. this has a vintage feel to me. after about 15-20 minutes i think i get some cassis, but mostly it's a floral-oakmoss melange on me.  the other notes just sort of show up in the background. it's very floral and quite strong on me. i think it's a bit too much for me honestly. once it dries down to the labdanum it's delicious but the beginning is just too strong on the jasmine i think.

Edited by theseagrows