Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Seed and Terebinth Pitch Hair Gloss

Terebinth is one of the sexiest woods, and I've loved almost every blend with it. This HG is no exception. Warm, rich woods with a hint of sweetness. Compared with my other Terebinth blends, Pumpkin Seeds is definitely a little more cafe-gourmand than streaking through the woods in buckskin. However, this is a savoury gourmand, like pumpkin soup or zucchini bread. It's got the roasted nuttiness of the pumpkin seeds combining with the creaminess of the resins into a blend that could easily be worn throughout the year whenever you want something comforting and warming.

"Toasted pumpkin seeds" is very much present, so how about the "thick, smoky rosin"? Thick here reads like dense and creamy to my nose. It's grand. Smoky...I'm so used to smoky notes being acrid and charred, and this one is neither. I really don't think I'd describe it as smoky at all, more like toasty. It is completely wearable throughout the day, with nothing that gives me a headache the way strong smoke can do. Pitch/rosin is the half-hardened and then fully-hardened version of sap, so either way it will be a kind of resin, and it's a sweet, kind one at that.

In the BPAL collection, this is very unique and delicious. It's made me crave resins and gourmands together like mad. Maybe I'll even need a backup?

It’s savory and sweeter than I expected, with a faint lick of smokiness lurking in the shadows. This is my first terebinth encounter, and I’m smitten! It’s like pumpkin seeds tossed in brown sugar and roasted over a campfire.