Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Moss, and Mushrooms

Ooh first one here! Here goes.

I threw this one into my cart first thing because my main goal in life is to be an actual forest floor. As far as that goes, this scent is spot on. In the bottle this is all green, like freshly cut plant stems. For the first few weeks that’s all it smelled like on my skin as well, but now it has settled a bit and I really like it. Unfortunately it doesn’t last very long on me, but I enjoy it while it’s there. 
Freshly applied it has that wet green smell I associate with the dead leaf blends, and the moss pretty much just amps that smell, adding a sharper bright green edge to it. It mellows a bit as it dries; the leaf scent softens down and this really nice undertone comes out, earthy with just a hint of spiciness. It reminds me of Death Cap, but with a fresh green top note from the moss. It’s not spooky at all, but a very calming, woodland-in-early-fall smell. Very nice. 

Bright green leaves dries down to leaves, a whiff of perfumey greenery and moss. Somehow mushrooms don't smell like mushrooms on me? Good throw and wear length.

This is soooo masculine on me. It just screams high quality cologne. I’m trying to pick out the different scents in here since there’s no description.

In the bottle I was excited by the mossy green. Surprisingly fresh for dead leaves. 
On my skin it’s really intense. There’s a smell I associate with water floating around in here, probably patchouli too. It still smells green, but it’s really subsided into the background. There’s a little funk that probably the mushroom note but I can’t tell what it is. 
It is super complex. Not the best fragrance on me, but it’s really interesting. 

It’s been several months since I’ve worn this one, and I forgot how interesting it is! It is earthy and green, dirty and fresh, natural and perfumey, all at the same time. I find it to be so pleasantly creepy, solemn, dignified. (Was getting ready while watching Ask a Mortician videos this morning and this was the scent I chose, if that says anything.) It’s somewhat masculine, but not overwhelmingly so. It’s like what a woodland elf king would smell like.