Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter

Herbs, a touch of something floral, hints of paper. This one is more of a soft herbal with tones of paper. And maybe a whiff of brown leather. It's warm, cozy, and fun. Good throw and wear length.

The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch reminds me strongly of A Silhouette without the lilac note at first. It's got that same brightness to it that is almost effervescent at first, accompanied by some herbs (which I'm unable to identify, try as I might) and the warm, sweet tonka of the paper, a bit of gunpowder, and as zee_zee said, just a whiff of a very light brown leather note. Over time, the scent becomes sweeter, as the page note ends up being the dominant note on my skin.

I think this is really nice. I'm always wanting a book scent that I get more pages from than leather, and here it is. I'll be hanging on to my decant and consider upgrading to a bottle depending upon how often I reach for it. :D

On initial application this smells a lot like incense and a fancy hand soap to me, but with some wear time it mellows out and I can get what it's going for. I think what initially reads as 'hand soap' to my nose is a mix of the paper, a mild leather note, and the herbs. There is a sort of incense tone to the background of this, which might be the gunpowder? It has a powdery quality to it. With further wear time it becomes a paper heavy book smell, with whiffs of herbal notes and gunpowder, and a hint of leather.