Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Deeds of the Day

A wrath for the ages: scorched aluminum and white-hot copper solder, cracked aluminosilicate glass, conflict-full tantalum, and the gingery-bubble of a short-circuiting vibration assembly stewing in a thick, hot black musk.

Scorched ginger, glass, black musk. This smells like asphalt, copper, and musk. It's exciting, dangerous, and would be unpleasant if you didn't enjoy it so much. Why is this so charming? It just is.  This is the scent of that boyfriend setting your kitchen on fire, trying to make you breakfast, and even though you know that you should break up with him, you just call him sweetheart, cuddle him and his scorched cute butt, and figure that the linoleum needed changed anyway.

Medium throw and wear length.

I can’t reconcile myself to these notes but what I can tell you is that it smells like being fifteen and skinny dipping in your boyfriend’s grandparent’s swimming pool when they’re out of town for the summer and it’s a blistering hot day, with the tose-tickling scent of chloramine, concrete hot enough to barbeque teenage feet, and the wisp of spicy-oak mossy-lavender Drakkar Noir in the air. I don’t think any of these are unpleasant smells (I actually still love Drakkar Noir and that’s totally what I am going to name my Norwegian Ridgeback one day.) Anyway, this scent conjures fun memories for m