Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The deadest death, most deadest of deadlies: sweet blackened patchouli, blackcurrant, cypress wood, and vetiver.

This post is merely a placeholder for future reviews. Whoever is first to review, please report this post using the report button below, so a mod can merge it with yours. Thanks!

I was frimped this with a bottle purchase on eBay, so I really did not expect to be the first review, but here goes. 

In the decant: Immediately, it's sweetness and a hint of char. As I keep sniffing, I can also pick out the patchouli itself as well as vetiver. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's a hot mess for just a moment before deciding to be sweetness and vetiver in this stage. As it dries down, the patchouli also becomes detectable. Given additional time to develop on my skin, the blackcurrant surfaces as a background note, keeping the blend from developing the... funk... that woods, vetiver, and fresh patch can all get to on me. 

Interestingly, this settles down to become mostly patchouli on me, with a hint of sweetness and a whiff of grassy vetiver. I say "interestingly" because on me, it's really not like death at all. I'd probably look for the patch to mellow over time, possibly playing up the blackcurrant, but overall, this is already a softly mellow woody scent, not super rotting or festering or charred or anything.