Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Snowflake-Shaped Snowflakes

We’re such ridiculous LA rubes. We were standing outside our hotel laughing, oohing and ahhhing, and taking photos of snowflake-shaped snowflakes, when an Austrian fellow walks up to us and says, “Snow.” I told him that we’re from Los Angeles, so snow is super exotic to us.

He nodded and walked away.

The awe and wonder of a couple of Angelinos marveling at the snowy snowness of the snowflakiest of snowflakes: golden amber, California sage, white tea, and sunny Matilija poppy speckled with snow.

Piney snow, hints of white tea and sage, and a whiff of amber. This one is a very Christmas blend, but made delicate by the white tea and sage, there's a somewhat floral note that I couldn't identify and I am assuming that's the poppy. Cool, breezy, snow. Medium throw and wear length.

This one is like a dream of snow in the San Fernando Valley... ❤️

Sparkly snow, poppy, a little whiff of white tea, and something California desert brush-like that reminds me of the Lab "chaparral" note. I'm guessing it's the California sage. I get something more overtly desert-scented here than from other sage notes, but I love them all.

The poppy smells soft and golden, and less opium-heavy than some other poppy notes.

California desert smells give me nostalgia for when I lived there. It's quirky and fun to pick up a bit of that plus snow, without it smelling like Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead, the only places I saw snow in the southern state.

Love this.