Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
doomsday_disco

The Cemetery, Many Years Ago

A solemn, pale child standing amongst snow-laden tombs as wet flakes descend from a leaden sky.

I have not tried the atmosphere spray.

In the decant: I can smell dirt, moss, champagne, and stone.

Wet: The dirt and moss are the first notes to make an appearance on my skin, and then I get some stone, a bit of sweetness, and the effervescent champagne Minh Scent mentioned in her review in the Etsy thread. The snow is cool, but it isnt the sweet Snow White snow note, nor is it really minty or pine-y. I also think there might be a gentle, pale floral note residing in the background.

Dry: A bright, slushy, effervescent snow note dominates with a bit of floral sweetness, moss, and stone behind it. I cant help but thinking of the Labs champagne note whenever I sniff this. I thought that the dirt had disappeared, but it ended up returning after a few hours, although the moss (which is much stronger than before) and snow are the main players on me.

Verdict: I really enjoyed the wet phase because I am a fan of the Labs soil note. I wish that that note had remained as strong as it was initially and that the (Spanish?) moss were less prominent on me. Still, this is a very unique, atmospheric snow scent that isnt like any of the others I have in my collection. Im keeping my bottle.