Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Twin symbols of Aries, signifying courage and aggression: dragon’s blood resin, red peppercorn, red poppy, red musk, and red amber.

RED! Dragon's blood, red musk, and amber. It's mainly a musky ambery DBR. Great I think for the men folk. It's a very gender neutral blend, and great DBR if you're into that. Medium throw, great wear length.

I find this to be a very masculine fragrance- musk and dragon's blood and more musk. I love dragon's blood but this is a little too strong for me.

I was really optimistic, maybe unrealistically so. I mean, ARIES (no, I'm not an Aries but I always love Aries scents. Loved the notes.

IN THE VIAL: OMFG just dreamy awesome. The DB is gorgeous as it always is. It's positively hypnotic in the imp. It's not fiery, it's not macho, it's just mesmerizing.

WET: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: FAAAAAABulous throw. Spicy warm, delicious. Every single note is present and accounted for individually. It combines into a comforting blend like a big soft cushy velvet comforter.

DRYDOWN: Warm, spicy, comforting. Shmexy, dare I say?

RESULT: Lived up to my hopes. Huffability. it does NOT make me feel aggressive ...rather confident and safe.

OVERALL MAY I WARN YOU: A teeny tiny dab goes a loooooooong way in terms of throw. Clove is the prevalent note in the drydown. It's not in your face but it stays and stays and stays

In the bottle: i don't know how the notes aligned to produce this but it smells exactly like florida water - citrus and spice from the combo of db + peppercorn. reminds my of the "faded georgian cologne" note from Pale Student Of Unhallowed Arts

Wet: mostly the peppercorn and musk - a hint of resins in the background

Dry: I'm a massive dragon's blood snob and this is by far the best BPAL db that i've encountered. True, dusty, moody dragon's blood mellowed by warm amber underscored by red musk. Definitely masculine.

This has immediately leapt to the top of not only my incense/resin list but my all-time favorites. Everything I've ever wanted and never gotten from the Ars Draconis scents. Pairs beautifully with Pale Student Of Unhallowed Arts.