Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
VictorianLass

Scent to match book thread!

Not sure if this has ever been done here, but thought it might be fun to try! Like many others on this forum, I Iove scent and reading. Why not mix the two?

I am trying to find the perfect BPAL scent for reading Russian novels. Anna Karenina, War & Peace, Dr. Zhivago. I am thinking something of deep roses, frankincense, tobacco, vanilla, after dinner chocolates and coffee, cherries and champagne. There is one titled Moscow which I think I will order. Any other thoughts that might fit the mood of a Russian novel, with heavy snowfalls, elegant drawing rooms, fine dinners, romance and seduction, corsets and muffs, trains, exquisite libraries and deep red velvet curtains?

Not sure if this has ever been done here, but thought it might be fun to try! Like many others on this forum, I Iove scent and reading. Why not mix the two?

I am trying to find the perfect BPAL scent for reading Russian novels. Anna Karenina, War & Peace, Dr. Zhivago. I am thinking something of deep roses, frankincense, tobacco, vanilla, after dinner chocolates and coffee, cherries and champagne. There is one titled Moscow which I think I will order. Any other thoughts that might fit the mood of a Russian novel, with heavy snowfalls, elegant drawing rooms, fine dinners, romance and seduction, corsets and muffs, trains, exquisite libraries and deep red velvet curtains?

I've tried Moscow and liked it, despite its not being as deep or complex as I'd imagined, settling into a similar sweet lily+orange to that of Belle Epoque.

As for my own recommendation, I'll put in a plug for Pulcinella and Teresina of the Carnaval Diabolique, who for me turn from a curious wine vinegar in the bottle to a sweet, rich wood blended with rose nectar on the skin.

I've tried Moscow and liked it, despite its not being as deep or complex as I'd imagined, settling into a similar sweet lily+orange to that of Belle Epoque.

As for my own recommendation, I'll put in a plug for Pulcinella and Teresina of the Carnaval Diabolique, who for me turn from a curious wine vinegar in the bottle to a sweet, rich wood blended with rose nectar on the skin.

Thanks! I will look those up and see if they appeal to me! :)

Sign in to follow this