Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ellocentipede

Hail Satin Nail Polish

Toe-shoe pink with an iridescent lilac sheen.

Pretty and delicate! Totally appropriate for work or any other occasion. On the nail, this reads as a translucent, milky light pink. I was a bit disappointed that the beautiful blue/purple shimmer did not seem to translate onto the nail.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I just grabbed all the Lupers. I wasn't sure how different this one might be from Socialite in the Crimson Peak collection.

In the Bottle: This strikes me as paler than toe-shoe pink personally. It's the palest seashell pink with a fascinating blue shimmer.

One coat: Like Socialite, this is probably meant to be one coat if you can apply it neatly and evenly enough. It took me a few tries to get the hang of it. I'll try again with this one, because I think it's with that one semi-sheer coat that you've got the best chance of the blue shimmer emerging.

Two coats: Super-delicate and sheer and definitely milky.

40525_900.jpg

Verdict: Maybe, if I can get the hang of applying just the one coat.

Love this. Haven't gotten a good picture of mine but it's a semi-sheer, milky pale pink. With two coats the iridescence turns into more of a bluish pearly sheen, but it's still quite pretty. It actually looks like a subtle white-tipped manicure. I do agree that it would be pretty as a sheer single coat, but definitely apply a base coat if your nails are at all ridged, or you'll get lines.

I will say I'm quite impressed with the durability of the claw polish. Applied two coats last night, no base or top coat, dried so quickly I didn't ding my nails at all, and today I spent probably an hour scrubbing paint out of jeans and scraping it off with my nails, and nothing's chipped. Nail torture test passed with flying colors.