Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lambent

Can anyone recommend scents for me?

Hi. I've just started really expanding my collection of BPAL scents and would like to explore and acquire more. If you can recommend me anything (preferably general catalogue) based on the info below, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Full Bottles I own: Kumiho, Veil, Whip, Wensleydale, Haloes, Snow White, White Rabbit

Imps of scents I really like: Antique Lace, The White Rider, Snake Oil, Manhattan, Cathode

Notes I like: fresh/green notes (I really like the smell of tomatoes--vine, leaf, etc., grass, etc.), ginger, tea, light florals, fruit notes, creamy notes, skin/soapy scents, citrus (bergamot, lime, etc.), incense, soft woods

Notes I avoid: aquatic or ozonic notes (they tend to smell like egg yolk on my skin), really grimy patchouli, teakwood

Notes I am cautious about: spices, jasmine, tuberose

I'm not a huge fan of foodie/gourmand scents for myself, although I like smelling them. I would like to look for creamy scents, though (such as Reflected Vulva--if anyone can recommend a GC dupe for it, that would be awesome).

Hi. I've just started really expanding my collection of BPAL scents and would like to explore and acquire more. If you can recommend me anything (preferably general catalogue) based on the info below, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Full Bottles I own: Kumiho, Veil, Whip, Wensleydale, Haloes, Snow White, White Rabbit

Imps of scents I really like: Antique Lace, The White Rider, Snake Oil, Manhattan, Cathode

Notes I like: fresh/green notes (I really like the smell of tomatoes--vine, leaf, etc., grass, etc.), ginger, tea, light florals, fruit notes, creamy notes, skin/soapy scents, citrus (bergamot, lime, etc.), incense, soft woods

Notes I avoid: aquatic or ozonic notes (they tend to smell like egg yolk on my skin), really grimy patchouli, teakwood

I'm not a huge fan of foodie/gourmand scents for myself, although I like smelling them. I would like to look for creamy scents, though (such as Reflected Vulva--if anyone can recommend a GC dupe for it, that would be awesome).

If you like the fresh rose in Whip, and also like tea scents, I would definitely recommend London, which is tea rose with black tea!

You might also enjoy Vixen, which is orange blossom with ginger and patchouli - the patchouli is quite soft on me, not grimy at all :D

Leanan Sidhe is a soft grassy wildflower scent on me, so you might want to check that out if you like grass scents.

Zephyr is citrusy with light musk and florals and might be up your alley.

I will recommend Vasilissa because it's one of the creamiest floral blends in the general catalog, even though it has star jasmine. For what its worth, I'm not getting any jasmine on my skin, so you might want to give it a go.

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale is a vanilla-sandalwood-sweet pea and one of my all-time favorite creamy blends. It shares the sweet pea note with Reflected Vulva, although they are very different still.

I hope you find something new to love :smile:

Based on the notes you like:

Ginger (also creamy) - My fave is Sudha Segara Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia

Tea - I just discovered I like tea, and my favourite by far is Iulia, L'Artiste de Diable - White tea, sugar cane, orange blossom, rockrose, lemon balm, white mint, and honey.

I like strong florals as opposed to light florals, so not a lot of experience there, but Delirium might fit the bill - Contains apple, rose, and lemon

For something fruity AND green Bewitched - blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk

Skin/soapy with some fruit - Coraline Jones - Dry grass, clean skin, and a little bit of mossy berry.

All Souls is my favourite incense blend. Not GC, but comes out every few years at Halloween. Lots of decants floating around the forum, and bottles currently still available for a few days. An incense blend that invokes the higher qualities of mercy and compassion, mingled with the soft, sugared currant scent of offertory soul cakes.

Woods are not my thing, but I just tried Tombstone and it's a light, sweet creamy woods. vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar.

Hope you find some new things you love! Let us know how the search goes. :)

Oh, oh, I just want to add that I think Apothecary would fit your green love perfectly! It is all the things you like: ginger, tea, citrus with some fig to add a little sweetness to it, but not too much. I adore it! Embalming Fluid, Squirting Cucumber, and Cordelia are also some other greens that I really like.