Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PrinceofcatS

Socialite Nail Lacquer

A semi-sheer, elegant lace shimmer.

Socialite applies like a perfect dream and is paler and whiter as a sheer than, say, Essie Mademoiselle, but is still very much in that nude category. However, this has an ethereal light glitter or shimmer that reminds me a little bit of snow.

I only applied one coat as its leaning toward whiteness made me fear it would get drastically more opaque and white with another coat, which is really unflattering on my skin color. The glimmer effect was hard to capture, but it's very pretty and makes my nails look glassy and, well, polished.

tumblr_nycg8zi0A31qep5jio6_1280.jpg

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: It sounded promising as a layering polish or a very subtle, understated one.

In the bottle: White and faintly shimmering. If anyone remembers the shade of Hell's Belle, imagine it without the pink.

One coat: Definitely all you need to get the shimmery nude impression. I was clumsy and had a streak of white in my one-coat photo in the Claw Polish thread.

Two coats: Shimmery cream-white and still rather opaque:

34812_900.jpg

Verdict: I don't think my idea of layering will work with this one. if I could do as good of a job as PrinceofcatS in applying, I might wear it on occasion. Not sure that I can - it streaked very easily. I might get a manicurist to try.

Edited by puck_nc

2rpqr2o.jpg

This is the perfect nude shade for my pale skin. It's not too pink or orange or brown or white, which are my frequent complaints about other nudes. It's truly neutral and pale with the tiniest micro shimmer that makes my nails look healthy and clean. The formula is dreamy: not too streaky or milky, which is no small task for a semi sheer polish. This is two coats with Orly Bonder as a base, and Out The Door as a topcoat. My mani lasted all week! It's JUST what I was hoping for. Mwah!

Edited by lookingglass