Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
owlfeathers

The Great Pumpkin of War Hair Gloss

A furious scent, powerful and scorching, running red with fire and blood: pumpkin with red musk, pimento, red pepper absolute, red vetiver, rose geranium, and crushed red poppies.

I'm hesitant to be the first on this because I'm not a terribly eloquent reviewer, but here goes.

This is strong. My hair's too short for me to sniff directly, but that didn't matter. I was smelling it all day, and woke up the next morning still smelling it. I was hesitant to wear it out in public. Definitely heed the warning to apply it lightly. (At first I thought this might be an unavoidable "very short hair + gloss = way too concentrated scent" issue, but my other gloss is much milder. I may be amping something.)

I could make out the red pepper and what I think might be the pimento, but nothing else distinct. There's a sort of creamy base that might be pumpkin, but if so it's canned pureed pumpkin rather than fresh carving pumpkin. Overall this is a very red-orange, peppery scent. Furious is a good word for it; this screams its presence. Too much for me to wear often, and one I'll hesitate to wear around other people.

On me, I am mostly getting sweet pumpkin with backing pepper notes. I'm not really smelling the rest, but I often have trouble picking out notes in HG. It's a very warm scent, and I actually found it to be pretty subtle, sticking close to my hair. I was hoping for more musk and veviter, so I won't be getting a bottle but it is a very unique, autumnal scent.

(I am also testing a lot of scents on me at the moment, so my nose might be a little broken.)

Red musk, creamy pureed pumpkin and pepper. This one is a very warm, autumnal blend and maybe one of the stronger pumpkin blends. Probably the most "traditional" of the Great Pumpkin hair glosses.