Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
stellamaris

Elmwood Cemetery

Red baneberry, purple prairie clover, wild bergamot, bloodroot, purple dead-nettle, hemlock, and bog rosemary twined into a waft of frankincense and myrrh.

I absolutely LOVE this. It's got that lovely sharp green BPAL gardeny note I remember from other gorgeous blends like The Garden in Winter. Very evocative and dreamy.

This is really good!

It's one of the most outdoorsy, autumnal scents I have ever tried; it smells like when you make your way through some overgrown shrubbery in the late summer, when everything is really dry and crackling. I can't identify the notes, since I wouldn't know what half of these notes smell like, but I like it anyway. The resins give it a little bit of grounding, but are otherwise not very prominent for me.

It could totally be an overgrown cemetery in the September afternoon sun :D

Ooooh. This one is really interesting.

It smells like sun-warmed greenery, with just a bit of coolness. Like when summer turns into autumn. I get some bergamot, rosemary, other green stuff that my nose can't recognize bolstered by a warm base of frankincense. As opposed to the Grove Street Cemetery, this one feels like more of a wearable perfume. I would place this in the strictly gender-neutral category.

I can see this dipping into the breezy/dryer sheet line, but it doesn't quite go there. On a different skin chemistry, this may be a concern.

But you know BPAL, just live dangerously.

Green, fresh, wispy.