Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Temple of Dreams Claw Polish

FOIL
Star-dappled darkness.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I basically went for all the nail polishes that included references to stars in their descriptions. I have a weakness.

In the Bottle: Slate blue and glitter.

One coat: Actually more green than blue to my eye, but very, very glittery.

27835_900.jpg

Two coats: (picture above) Now it's more blue and full of shimmer. But it goes navy, almost black without light.

Verdict: I'm not quite certain about this. I think I would have wanted a slightly richer, more inky or velvety blue. We'll see if it grows on me.

Temple of Dreams is finely shimmering deep blue (almost black-like really close to black...) on me. I actually think it looks darker than the picture posted above.

I did 3 coats and it covered great. The formula was a little watery, but it wasn't too hard to work with.

I was a litte disappointed because I had this great finish going, but after waiting 20 min after the last coat of color I added a top coat and it marred the surface :(

I would think it would be dry enough to top coat by then, but I guess not. I am a little worried that it might have the same "never dries" thing that I experienced with Helle's Belle, but we'll see.

UPDATE: Took a bubble bath at the end of 2 day of wear it when I got several nails were badly chipped. Did good until I soaked in the tub though!

templeofdreams_zpslz7ahkfz.jpg

Edited by girlryan

Oddly enough, I found the formula for Temple of Dreams to be much more thick than say Event Horizon, which was watery to me.

Temple of Dreams is a nice deep slate blue/deep navy blue with blue microglitter. To me, Temple of Dreams is the nail polish equivalent of dark wash jeans. You know they are blue, but its super duper dark blue. I'm actually surprised at how much it looks like a black nail polish. If I didn't have Event Horizon on for comparison purposes, I would say its a black nail polish with blue glitter.

I used two coats and the coverage was fine. I am loving the microglitter in this polish, its spectacular.

ETA: On a color perspective, it sort of reminds me to the blue in eletric eel's skin. There's somethingly deeply marine/oceany about this color.

Edited by zankoku_zen