Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Plumeria

This is another one of Beth's base notes that's dead on. Exactly like the tropical flower.

Don't know what else to tell you, other than these are part of what make vacationing in Hawaii the tourist destination it is; plumeria are almost irresistable.

:P What she said. I lived in Hawaii as a child and the first thing I thought of *blush* was the silky smooth of a hula dancer's belly - they wear plumeria. To me, it's luscious and creamy in the way a gardenia might be.

If you're bummed because Bath and Body Works discontinued their plumeria, take heart. This is all that and so much more ...

Beth's plumeria is the first plumeria scent I've bought since vacationing in Hawaii as a kid oh so long ago. Back then I fell in lurve with the scents of both plumeria and tuberose and bought little solid and liquid perfume versions of both. Didn't try to recapture that Hawaiian flower magic in adulthood until BPAL. (I think I had the vague idea that the magic could only be found in Hawaii and just didn't think of looking for it elsewhere)

Basically ... yep, it's plumeria in its pretty floral glory. :P Creamy is a good word for the scent ... almost a coconutty quality to it, and it lingers for a decent amount of time too, which is a lovely bonus.

In bottle: I never noticed the almost coconut quality of Plumeria before I sniffed Beth's note. It smells of Hawaii, truly - I remember plumeria leis being presented to my family when we arrived at our resort. The rich perfume of plumeria is so creamy and tropical.

On me: The Bath & Body Works line lacks the depth and beauty of this single note. It's so full of life and vibrant.

119862740.jpg

BPAL blends which use Plumeria as one of it's ingredients:

Xiuhtecuhtli, La Belle Au Bois Dormant, Thalia, The Hanging Gardens.

In the bottle

It smells spot on.

On

Now I smell the almost coconut smell mentioned above. It is almost creamy. It's such a fragrant flower. It's already morhping a bit, becoming a bit piercing and less rounded.

30 minutes

It dries down to a nutty medium strong floral.

Throw:

more than average

Scent category:

Floral

Summary

It's a strong floral, very lovely, having an almost nutty cream scent as well. And it's also quite long lasting.

Purchase again?

No. Not Only because I'm the freakish one who doesn't get along with coconut nor florals too much.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

I wish that my experience with Plumeria had been as pleasant as other reviewers seem to have described. I so wanted to try a creamy coconut-ish floral. I've never smelled real plumeria or been to Hawaii, so I wasn't sure what to compare this to.

On me, Plumeria singlenote is a very strong and soapy white floral. It has a creamy sweetness at first, but it quickly dries down to a sharp laundry detergent sort of soapiness :P. Apparently this one doesn't work well with my skin chemistry.

I snagged an imp off ebay. Very excited to try this as my middle name (and board name) is melia, and it was my grandfather's favorite flower.

Hmm, something is too white and soapy in the scent. Maybe because it's aged? But I'm picking up a flower that shouldn't be there, like pikaki or tuberose. Definately tropical, but not all plumeria.

Still, much closer to the real thing than any other plumeria scent other companies have attempted!