Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
AlectoFurious

Teak recs?

My husband loves Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht on me and I think it is the teak that he gets because it is the strongest note I can discern when I wear it. Anyone have any teak blends that they love? And no, you can't say Glowing Vulva. :tongue:

ETA: spelling derp

Edited by AlectoFurious

The Antikythera Mechanism (Teakwood, oak, vanilla, and tobacco) is pretty popular if you're up for something a bit darker.

Ded Moroz (Golden amber, white amber, redwood, teak, bois du rose, sage, tree moss, and snow) is a snowy, "feminine" teak blend.

Midnight Carnival (Galbanum, teak, myrrh, narcissus, patchouli, cacao, labdanum, agarwood, lavender, neroli, and black moss) is kind of a woodsy incense from what I know.

An Appraisal of Sensual Pleasure in the Four Seasons (Wild plum, lemongrass, frankincense, honeysuckle, and teak) is a similarly fruity teak.

I would recommend Desire (Bittersweet neroli, black patchouli and black musk, gilded by apple, bergamot, blood red rose, teak, and vanilla) since it has the apple/teak combo that's also in Agrat-Bat, however the rose is pretty strong. It was too floral for me, but if you're into that it might be a winner and/or your skin chemistry might react differently.

Seconding Antikythera Mechanism! It's one of my favorites, and the teak is quite prominent on me when it's dry (wet I get more dark vanilla and tobacco). I also like Desire largely because of the teak. On me it starts very sweet, with a lot of rose, apple, and vanilla, and ends with polished teak, smooth vanilla, sweet musk and rose.

I only know this because I just finished reading the entire review thread for it, but several people mentioned that Haloes smells like teak (despite it not being a listed note). The notes are: Oak, tonka, vanilla, white sandalwood, lily of the valley, white ginger, amber, and apricot.

There are also tons of comments about its similarity to Glowing Vulva, and I noticed you mentioned that in your post as well. So I just thought I'd throw it out there. Plus this gives me another opportunity to talk about Haloes, the most beautiful scent ever created! :wub3:

Definitely The Antikythera Mechanism (Teakwood, oak, black vanilla, and tobacco). The teak is wonderful! Also Arana, if you want a similar feel, but actually contains no teak.

Boomslang (Snake Oil with cocoa, teakwood, and rice milk) also has teak in it, as well as being infinitely delicious. Habu (Snake Oil with ho wood, teak, black musk, and bamboo), another snake pit, also has teak- though I haven't smelled that one; it sounds a bit masculine - maybe your man might like to wear it? ;)

And for one more lovely blend containing teak, White Peacock (Teak, ebony wood, osmanthus, patchouli, red sandalwood, vanilla orchid, tonka bean, tobacco, wild musk, spikenard, and sugandh kokila). My personal notes say (haven't worn it in a while) that is starts off quite strongly woody, but slowly morphs into a light and creamy scent.

Another vote for Desire. I also really enjoy Black Tower. Pumpkin II from 2008 was pretty great too!

Thanks so much everyone!! I actually have and love Desire! It was actually my first ever big bottle purchase. Boomslang was also delish but the teak was not very present on me in that blend. But how could I have overlooked The Antikythera Mechanism? You guys are awesome! :glomp:

I love teak and another recommendation is Our Hearts Condemn Us from the Only Lovers Left Alive collection: Keralan teakwood, Bulgarian rose otto, Himalayan cedar, and oudh. My skin chemistry amps the teak, and I also usually don't wear rose, but this is a beautiful exotic blend. It's not impable from the Lab but you should be able to find a decant.

And for one more lovely blend containing teak, White Peacock (Teak, ebony wood, osmanthus, patchouli, red sandalwood, vanilla orchid, tonka bean, tobacco, wild musk, spikenard, and sugandh kokila). My personal notes say (haven't worn it in a while) that is starts off quite strongly woody, but slowly morphs into a light and creamy scent.

I wish White Peacock was more woody on me, but it's all sugary vanilla up front with a little sandalwood and patch to finish. :/

I also love the teak in Manhattan: Sexuality, power, confidence. A meeting of modern, sleek elegance and rich, passionate history: sheer amber, black leather, white mint, lemon peel, white tea, grapefruit, kush, teakwood and orchid.