Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mod Note: Please note that this is the review topic for the 2014 and 2016 version of this scent, which differs slightly from releases in 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013, and 2015 (which have their own topic).

Be good, or Krampus will toss you in a river! Sinister red musk, black and rust-brown leathers, dusty rags, and wooden switches.

2014 version!

This is a TOTALLY different leather note than Hans Trapp... it's interesting to me, because the scent descriptions and notes of the two of those scents sound similar but they couldn't smell more different. This leather is old and worn and dirty. There's definitely a woodiness in there, and I totally get the dust note!

This would be super sexy to smell on a man, it's all rugged and bad boy. Don't know if guys would want to smell it on me though!

2014 - lovely glorious leather tempered by musk and rags

I happen to have the 2006 Krampus (the first year he appeared at BPAL) to compare this year's to. The only difference in listed notes is the 2006 has "black leather" while the 2014 has "black and rust-brown leathers." The 2014 leather note really pops a lot more for me. 2006 is more musk, switches, and rags, but 2014 is glorious leather. The heavy black leather note is tempered by the rust-brown leather and a sweeter musk. If you're a leather note lover, this year's Krampus is wonderfully dark, red, and sweetly sinister. In fact, it's replacing my 2006 altogether, which almost smells sour in comparison (though the leather comes out a bit more through the day). Both years are noticeable all day long, but 2014 stays stronger from beginning to end.

2016 - MUCH more hay than 2014 (ok, mostly sickly-sweet hay and some leather) and a shorter wear time. If you're a leather lover stick to 2014

*I put 2014 on left wrist and 2016 on right wrist and wore both on the same day to direct compare

Edited by Roogna