Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
xoe

Sunshine Oils "Omar"

My coworker's favorite perfume is being discontinued by our local health food store. Ever on the look out for ways to spread the BPAL addiction, I am trying to find something to replace this for her.

I've searched for notes online, but there are none listed.

To me it smells sort of lemony, herby in the bottle and sort of incensey woody on her skin.

Has anyone tried this perfume? Have any suggestions? I've got quite a huge stash, so it's likely that I've got an imp or two for her to check out.

Thanks in Advance!

My coworker's favorite perfume is being discontinued by our local health food store. Ever on the look out for ways to spread the BPAL addiction, I am trying to find something to replace this for her.

I've searched for notes online, but there are none listed.

To me it smells sort of lemony, herby in the bottle and sort of incensey woody on her skin.

Has anyone tried this perfume? Have any suggestions? I've got quite a huge stash, so it's likely that I've got an imp or two for her to check out.

Thanks in Advance!

Just an idea =)

Maybe search around on the net, find out what notes Omar has in it... that could help you pinpoint one that would work for her! Or one that would be similar or that she'd like!

--Mystina

Yes!!!! I used to be able to get that oil at Wild Oats then they stopped selling it. Try Haunted, it's very similar (but better, of course!).

I just bought a 5 ml of Ahathoor (Sun Station - Bewitching Brews) and this is what is smelled like to me (as you described). I just put it up for sale if you're interested, as it really wasn't me.

Maybe search around on the net, find out what notes Omar has in it... that could help you pinpoint one that would work for her! Or one that would be similar or that she'd like!

I tried that already. That was the first thing I tried! But it's only listed as Omar. As if that is a single ingredient!! So weird.

I just bought a 5 ml of Ahathoor (Sun Station - Bewitching Brews) and this is what is smelled like to me (as you described). I just put it up for sale if you're interested, as it really wasn't me.

Thanks Lorajc. I am completely dead broke at the moment, so I can't buy it. But I think I've got an imp of it coming in my next order, I can let her try it then.

Thanks so much everybody!

Bump. I sure find some old topics, huh.

I found & adored this fragrance in the mid-nineties and, as is my habit, used it sparingly so I wouldn't run out (the natural foods store of origin dropped the line and then closed.) Result being, I still have more than half .25 oz. bottle. The company is also still in business--I can buy a replacement right now from any of a dozen online vendors, though I've aged this quite nicely--but man, I want to know what the notes are in this, because I've never smelled anything exactly like it before or since, though it's always been oddly familiar at the same time.

I'm not the best with notes, but I can usually call a citrus for a citrus. It does smell.... lemonesque, wet. But not like lemons. No citrus zap at all. I wonder if it is myrtle, or maybe verbana, or possibly lemongrass? There's also a tonka bean/vanilla in there, but just a little. Maybe some skin musk? Maybe patchouli, way, way, way, way back? There could be a wood of some sort, but it's low. It's clean, but not sterile. Sunshiney, but sunshine in a dusty room. It's not "perfumey" at all, but it is obviously perfume. It's a morpher, but not.. .really. Heh. I've never been able to pin it down, to be honest, maybe that's part of the appeal.

Of andrabell's list, I've tried Cathedral and Aureus. Both of those are lovely, but too woodsy and heavy. Chupachup (Hi!!) mentions Haunted... really? Black musk and amber? I don't pick up any amber in this at all (I tend to amp amber significantly, this one is nice because it doesn't amberize on me at all--so I don't know that there are resin notes in it.)

Also, I wonder why they call it Omar? :P

Anyone else familiar with Sunshine Spa's "Omar?"

Cats! Just for prosperity's sake, if anyone else ever wonders: the Snake Pit's "Habu" is Snake Oil layered with my understanding of Sunshine's "Omar" and oh, mama, is it ever good!