Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
pixlie

Single Note: Bonfire

Strong pine bonfire. This smells like how a bonfire in a pine forest would smell. I was hoping for a more cedar bonfire smell, as most pine goes to pinesol on my skin. This one doesn't turn straight to pinsol but it comes in whiffs. There is a bit of acrid smoke not in here that makes my nose tingle. Still on the hunt for a bonfire scent that is more mellow and soft rather than smelling like a pine forest on fire.

I purchased this bottle from a wonderful forum member here.

Straight up, I opened this bottle, took a sniff, and laughed in delight. This is dead-on exactly what I hoped it would be. In the bottle and wet on, this is pine campfire. Aggressive, in your face, pine campfire. In other words, it's so perfect I could cry. I'm one of those people who hates to wash my jacket when I come home from camping because I treasure that campfire smoke smell that gets into my clothes. It smells like outdoors and warmth and adventure and happiness, to me, and I want to keep smelling that for days after. This bottle is exactly that, somehow captured in a perfume. I'm in awe. I love it so much.

As it dries down, it calms down massively and gets a little less punchy, less smoky. More like being near a dying fire. It smooths out and sweetens, but it very much retains its identity. I suspect the wear length won't be tremendous, but I have to say I don't care. I'm more than happy to reapply. I thought I'd like this mostly for layering, but I think I'd wear this straight. I'm so happy I was able to get a bottle. This is perfect.

Edited by MischiefofRats