Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Hotel de Wood Atmosphere Spray

Oiled leather, a splash of bay rum and Italian bergamot, rose water, patchouli, and black tea.

Very leathery. The rum and rose and patchouli make it a sort of herbal and sweet old brown leather, but for the most part I can not smell the black tea and bergamot. There is something dark and herby about it too.

This is the perfect hotel scent! It smells like an expensive hotel lobby or office at first, with leather chairs and gleaming wood, but with a hint of sweet floral (the rose water?) and sexy cologne (the bay rum!), their slight wildness cultivated ever so slightly by the demure, neutral tea. It just smells very dignified, established, discreet, but also with a hint of adventure and sexiness. This is one of the more masculine Atmos I've smelled, but it's not overpowering at all.

And as a side note, a bit of it leaked in transit so the bottle is currently airing out in my home office, and it just grows on you--I got a bit on my fingers when I unwrapped it, and on my skin (which I know is Not How This Works), but it's awesome! It reminds me a bit of Wanda, but with rose instead of violet, and where Wanda always seems purple to me (if smells had colors), Hotel De Wood is a deep, rich burgundy red.

Oiled, moneyed leather, hint of bay, hint of booze, and a touch of patchouli. This smells like a grand hotel leather couch. You know, the kind of leather that has been polished immaculately for the past 50+ years, and the furniture is all very grand estate, and you can literally feel your bank account drain as you sit in the BEST leather couch you've ever sat on (much too good for your plebeian ass!)

Honestly, I'm not sure I enjoy an atmosphere spray that makes me feel poor.