Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Dew Drop Inn Atmosphere Spray

A quiet and orderly concert saloon: sweet rum with two spoonfuls of cream.

Absolutely foody delectable. It's a rummier Anti Saloon league. It's gorgeous and foodie without having any baked good quality that sometimes happens with the cream note. It is close to Red Lantern but with something dark in the background. It's almost a chocolatey darkness.

The rum note that was so dominant in Hot Buttered Rum makes its triumphant return here in this atmo spray. I am a person whose skin amps rum notes to high heaven (and also sugar- maybe a connection? Hmmm…), so I was very curious to see what I'd make of a rum scent that wouldn't come in contact with me.

And the verdict is, it's delicious :)

The rum note on it's own wouldn't really tempt me. It's not complex enough to keep my interest. But paired with the cream and something really yummy happens between the two notes. The cream tempers the boozy aspect and makes it more sophisticated, but also more accessible. I didn't get the Red Lantern association the prior reviewer mentioned, mostly because there's a rich, foodie, caramel feel to that scent (especially the atmosphere spray version), where as this, for me, created less of a feeling of envelopment (RL always makes me feel somehow like I'm actually transported back in time) and more of pure atmosphere in this present moment- timeless and timely.

Of this year's crop of atmo sprays, it was definitely my favorite.

Heavy rum and cream. This is definitely a foodie/boozy spray. It's sweet and almost too heavy for my taste.