Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Court Analyst/Strategist

Blessing Conjure-Style Spray

An extremely ‘clean’, extremely positive, gentle-but-powerful blend. Use this spray in lieu of incense during healing rites (physical, emotional, and psychological), when beginning new ventures, and to bless new unions, births, and rites of passage. Blessing spray is used to cleanse and sanctify new homes, businesses, and sacred spaces, ensuring that you begin your endeavors there with a clean slate.

One sentence review

I have very positive feelings toward this spray and am pleased with all the conjure sprays I have right now.

Expanded review

Scent and Throw*: The scent is very rose-heavy and somehow comforting. I usually avoid scents that contain rose notes, but I came to enjoy the scent after using this a couple times. Also, since I'm not wearing this as a personal fragrance, I wasn't bothered by the dominant rose notes here.

*I'm in a foreign country and don't have my Blessing spray with me at the moment, so I'm going by memory. I may update this part of my review at a later date.

The throw is fairly heavy right after the spray is spritzed but promptly grows milder once the spray hits something like furniture or settles into the air of a space.

Use: I use the Blessing spray when I want to purify a particular space in my house before starting a project or ritual and occasionally spray it on my bed before I sleep at night. I also sometimes spray Blessing shortly before using another conjure spray to give the second spray a ritually clean area to be sprayed in.

Effectiveness: I do feel Blessing produces a shift in the environment before I start a ritual or rest on linens smelling of the spray. It's challenging for me to pinpoint the extent of that shift in the environment, but I would say using the spray provides peace of mind in a similar way to how the TAL Aegis can be used in a candle ritual to provide me with peace of mind. In this case, though, I use the Blessing spray with the intent to cleanse a space and ready it for positive stuff to happen in it rather than what I use Aegis for, which I won't get into here since this is a review for a conjure spray. :)

Convenience: The spray format is infinitely more convenient for me than using incense or burning sage to cleanse my house because I wear contacts and contacts + smoke = dry eyes and even drier contacts on my eyes. Spritzing the Blessing spray wherever I want to is also much quicker than setting up and lighting incense.

Will I keep the bottle? Yes. Purifying my ritual space and living area(s) is something I want to do more of, so when I saw the Blessing conjure spray in this latest TAL Etsy update, I knew it would be a good item to add to my ever-growing TAL collection. So far, I'm satisfied with it.

Would I recommend the Blessing conjure spray? Yes, if it sounds like a product you'd get use out of.

So CourtAnalyst/Strategist was kind enough to swap some stuff with me so I could get a small decant of Blessing atmosphere, which I really just wanted because I'm renting a new house, and wanted to ensure that we're not bringing any lingering negative feelings into our new space, and/or dispel any lingering feelings from any of the previous owners in the place.

I would say that I didn't find the spray to be rose heavy, but smelled mainly of lemongrass and other citrusy/white flower notes. Neither mr. zee_zee or the zee_zee kid enjoyed the smell actually, and distinctively asked me not to ever use it. Again. No fear, since I had sprayed it mainly to bless our new place.

I have positive associations with the spray and I imagine that anyone that is heavy into ritual would get alot of use out of this, particularly to ensure that said ritual has the right blank slate where to start from. Oddly enough, I can also see this being useful if you're decanting TALs on a regular basis.

I find that this would probably put you in the right head space for the beginning of... anything really. :)