Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Bluestblood

What is that note and what other scents have it?

There is a note, which I think is camphor, that is in Yggdrasil, Kathmandu and Hamadryad. What is it and what other scents have it?

Thanks =)

See now I fooled my nose into smelling camphor. I had this all typed out nice and neat and had never smelled camphor before but now my brain got tricked into it. I think they might also have cinnamon or cedar in common but with my mind trying to smell camphor that's the only thing I can get XD

If you LOVE camphor then I totally suggest this scent I just reviewed but can't remember but I will add it in in a second "Like Brooms of Steel", it's totally all camphor/menthol/Vick's Vaporub all the time. "Death Fires Dancing Over the Tombs" has it too, less menthol, more camphor on that one.

Edited by The Poison Queen

I think that birch can sometimes smell like camphor or wintergreen, too - and it can vary from batch to batch of the component. Back when the Lab did a Dracula series for Halloween (2006, I think?) there was a blend called The Carpathian Mountains. I sniffed someone else's bottle and loved it, but the bottle I got when I ordered turned out to be a bit too camphor-y for me. And Hamadryad was well known for batch variations (minty vs. non-minty, which I think could have been due to birch with and without a camphor-y component.)

Ivy, I did some research, and you are absolutely correct. The smell I was trying to figure out is sweet birch. Teaberry also smells similarly, but since I doubt the lab uses that, it must be birch. I wish there were more scents with that note. I would seriously buy a gallon!

I am not entirely sure, Sakura. I have never smelled The School-House. The note I am thinking of smells like wintergreen lifesavers.

Edited by Bluestblood

Sign in to follow this