Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
aphrodite

Wassail Atmosphere Spray

Thick brown ale and aged port with cinnamon, black clove, lemon zest, allspice, cardamom, ginger, and brown sugar.

So I didn't buy a bottle of Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Pyre last year, but this year I can't get enough of my decant and have been on a wild hunt. When Wassail appeared I bought a blind bottle immediately, hoping it would fill that warm, spicy, wintry comfort void. And it does! It definitely does. I definitely smell the ale and port, but it doesn't make my house smell like alcohol or anything. More like if you dumped a bunch of flat but not gross beer down the sink, that kind of lingering smell - but in a good way. I'm making this sound gross but it's really nice! I've been utterly dousing my living room furniture. The spices are very present as well, and it provides just the snuggly feel I was looking for. For those of you who hoard squirts of The Inn, this in no way smells like The Inn, but you might want to try it for that same effect of warm, sweet comfort that is foody and yet not foody. I might need a backup of this one.

I really like this! I agree that it smells a little like stale booze, but not bad stale - it smells like you've just finished a christmas dinner with friends. It comes across as sweet mulled wine to me, as if there's a pot of it on the stove. It's a great comforting scent rather than being overy foody or boozey. Lovely!