Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Zii

Luna By Luna

Blue musk, white sandalwood, black currant, jasmine leaf, green tea, and ylang ylang.

Alas, I suspect the black currant is to blame for the really odd, slightly rancid fruity thing going on with this. I rested it for the weekend thinking it was just the cold and travel shock, and while it did improve, there is this fermented sweetness that I really don't like. It's a shame, because when it's dry the musk is utterly beautiful, but the currant and ylang ylang aren't worth fighting through to get to that soft dry stage.

Off to swaps.

Luna by Luna starts off as a deliciously fruity-musky blend. I get the black currant, hint of green tea, and blue musk/sandalwood combination.

Unfortunately, as it dries, I get the jasmine appear on me.... and that means the dreaded cat pee note.

DAMNIT.

Because on wet, Luna by Luna is fabulous. If it had stayed at that stage, I'd be in love. I still kinda am, despite the dreaded jasmine making its appearance.

Phooey.

ETA: And I realize I didn't talk about the vibe that Luna by Luna gives. It's a fruity, sweet, blend that smells both pretty and active. It's got a brush of innocence and sass, and even though I haven't seen the new My Little Pony, I can see how this may actually reflect the personality of a MLP.

Edited by zankoku_zen

I got Zankoku Zen's imp of Luna (thank you!!) and it is truly lovely. I don't get jasmine (death note for me). It's fruity ylang-ylang and musk. I don't know if it's truly "Luna", but it's a fantastic blend.