Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
khemistry

Floral Haters Gonna Hate

If both Dorian and Embalming Fluid went a bit floral on you, it looks like your skin might have issues with light musks or tea. Have you tried any light musk scents without tea or tea scents without musks?

Have you tried The Great Sword of War? (Mandarin, tonka, saffron, black tea, cocoa, tobacco leaf, sanguine red musk and five classical herbs of conflict.) It's interesting. Less sweet than most red musk scents I've encountered, with a slightly cologne-like citrus top note over a slightly foody base.

Alas, I haven't gotten imps of those yet.

Tried Kuang Shi today- Actually worked pretty well. The citrus did go away (leaving I don't know what, but it was light and pretty).

I also love citrus - some of my favorites are:

Night-Gaunt (Yuzu, white grapefruit, and kumquat mixed with snow-dusted flowers)

Baobhan Sith (Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger)

Whitechapel (White musk, lime, lilac and citron)

Lolita (Glittering heliotrope, honeysuckle, orange blossom and lemon verbena)

Out of those, the only one that turns floral at all is Lolita, but even then it's very subtle.

Lolita and Whitechapel are similar, but I find Whitechapel to be a bit more tart, while Lolita is almost sugared.

Night-Gaunt and Baobhan Sith both wear like pure grapefruit on me, with the minor caveat that Baobhan Sith doesn't last very long and goes ever so slightly soapy on drydown.

So out of the above list, Night-Gaunt is the winner for me. I have a 5ml that gets a lot of love :smile:

And as for foody scents, I'm also going to throw in a vote for Shub-Niggurath, which is like ginger cookies on me and is almost absurdly delicious.

So, I discovered I actually like violet! My nose registers it as a foodie scent due to all the British candy I've had. Does BPAL have anything violet+chocolate? That would be divine!

I also love citrus - some of my favorites are:

Night-Gaunt (Yuzu, white grapefruit, and kumquat mixed with snow-dusted flowers)

Baobhan Sith (Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger)

Whitechapel (White musk, lime, lilac and citron)

Lolita (Glittering heliotrope, honeysuckle, orange blossom and lemon verbena)

Out of those, the only one that turns floral at all is Lolita, but even then it's very subtle.

Lolita and Whitechapel are similar, but I find Whitechapel to be a bit more tart, while Lolita is almost sugared.

Night-Gaunt and Baobhan Sith both wear like pure grapefruit on me, with the minor caveat that Baobhan Sith doesn't last very long and goes ever so slightly soapy on drydown.

So out of the above list, Night-Gaunt is the winner for me. I have a 5ml that gets a lot of love :smile:

And as for foody scents, I'm also going to throw in a vote for Shub-Niggurath, which is like ginger cookies on me and is almost absurdly delicious.

Thank you! I'm going to pick up Lolita and Whitechapel Imps soon. Night-Gaunt is fab - really works for me, although the reviewers all seemed to hate it!

So, I discovered I actually like violet! My nose registers it as a foodie scent due to all the British candy I've had. Does BPAL have anything violet+chocolate? That would be divine!

The Last Unicorn or an old LE - White Chocolate and Sugared Violets

Maybe layer Arkham or Ultraviolet with Bliss :)

Sign in to follow this