Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gwydion

Grave Moss and Upturned Soil Candle

GRAVE MOSS AND UPTURNED SOIL
The scent of an ancient, long-abandoned churchyard: weed-choked crumbling tombstones under the shadows of midnight and thick black soil disturbed by inhuman hands.

Unburned: This really fits its concept. It’s got a strong dirt and moss feel to it, the weeds are a pleasantly sharp counterpoint to the darker tones of the dirt and stone. Call it earth dominant with moss in support and the weeds third, but clearly defined. Burned: The moss and weeds are both stronger with the heat. The dirt backs off a little as the stone strengthens. The result is it’s more green burning than it is just sitting around. I’d call it Moss strongest, then earth, then weeds and stone about equal.

I won't lie I bought this because I thought the name sounded really cool. I like cemeteries what can I say. When I received it and smelled it before burning, my initial thought was, "Holy crap this really smells like moss and dirt!" I burned it for three hours today and was very pleased--it has a very delicate, green smell which is lovely. I like it a lot.

Omg. Graveyard dirt in a candle! With some stone and some green. I think I really need four or five more of this candle!

To my nose, this is Placophobia in a candle. It's amazing- dirt, and rock, and moss. Lovers of the BPAL dirt and stone notes should run, not walk, to get this! It fills my home with a scent that makes me think of digging my fingers into soil and planting - I guess planting flowers at a grave site. I think I'm in love, and need many more of these!

I am not normally a fan of dirt/green scents, but I decided to buy this candle so that I could burn it during the time leading up to Halloween.

The dirt note is the most prominent note at first, but the moss ends up coming out more the more the candle burns. On the first burn, this had very little throw, but on subsequent burns, it had moderate throw.

This isn't really my kind of scent, but it really fits the description! If you like green scents, you will probably enjoy this!