Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ajansuz

Dried Is the Blood of Thy Lover candle

DRIED IS THE BLOOD OF THY LOVER
What broke off the garlands that girt you?
What sundered you spirit and clay?
Weak sins yet alive are as virtue
To the strength of the sins of that day.
For dried is the blood of thy lover,
Ipsithilla, contracted the vein;
Cry aloud, “Will he rise and recover,
Our Lady of Pain?”

Dragon’s blood resin, myrrh, red musk, vetiver, black clove, and cassia.

I've been wanting to try one of the BPTP candles for a while now. It has only recently been cold enough in my area to want to take a chance on having it delivered without finding a big blob o' wax in my metal mailbox. Wonky weather!

Anyway, very pretty label and votive, smoked glass, and the candle is a nice, natural beige tone. The scent is VERY strong. If you're not a fan of burning candles, you could have this sitting in a room, and it would still pack a scent punch. It's strongest on the red musk and the dragon's blood, a very sweet, sharp, incensy fragrance. Burning it brings out a warmer, spicy note that doesn't really read as clove to me but also not generic spice cabinet. The heat lessens the overall sharpness of the musk and rounds out and balances the blend. I like it lit better than not and can still smell it when it's all the way across the room from me unlit. It burns smoothly and evenly. It's not creating a wax pit in the center of the candle. There is minimal smoke or soot from the wick and no funky scent after dousing. I rarely burn candles because I'm really picky about them and get a headache from most synthetic fragrance blends. Natural candles are often too weak to bother with. It's great to have an option that makes the room smell fantastic and that doesn't cause me problems. I don't think I'll need more than one at a time, but I can safely say I will buy more BPTP candles in the future.

I love love love this candle. The scent is strong, but not overpowering, I definitely get a hit of red musk and dragon's blood, but the vetiver and clove keep it from being overly sweet or candyish. It is the perfect mix of sweet, spicy, and warm with enough contrast to make it interesting. I would love this as a perfume oil too (hint hint) but I will settle for having my house smell magnificent!

This candle is rich, dark, and decadent. It's dark and sexy with red musk and vetiver, bright and juicy from dragon's blood, and spiced. I gifted my candle to someone I love dearly, and often think of it longingly. Generally around the same time I think of them longingly!