Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mergekat

Miskatonic University Soap

The scent of Irish coffee, dusty tomes and polished oakwood halls.

The soap: Spent coffee grounds for gentle exfoliation in a silken, wood-warm lather.

I got a bar and have used this soap several times, and I got to say it's AMAZING. It like a more subtle version of the Miskatonic University perfume, which I also have. But unlike the aged, 2004 perfume oil that I own (which smells most strongly of the oakwood tones) this soap seems more balanced. It incorporates the oak and coffee vibes much more smoothly, and using the coffee grounds is actually ingenious to me. It exfoliates very well leaving my skin really quite soft and I do get light hints of its scent after washing. I only wish on a certain level that it had a little stronger throw scent-wise after using it, but I guess that is more for the perfume's job then. But as far as a lovely smelling, exfoliating soap goes it does the trick. :)

This is a really silky lather with very gentle scrubby bits. The scent stays only faintly on the skin afterwards.

As for the scent, a good waft of coffee backed up by the oak. I don't get the dusty books vibe from this, so rather than reminding me of the library at MU, it is more evocative of maybe the Miskatonic University men's locker room. Ah, sweet memories ...

Edited by ReallyZeb

first let it be said i think Miskatonic University is a perfect fragrance. the perfume itself on my skin never stops its slow journey in creepyness so that it starts out all irish coffee and eventually it smells like a mildewed rotting library of dusty books and perhaps even old choir robes worn by things not fully human. the soap does not go that far but is perfect with silky lather and the little bit of grit from the coffee grounds. ironically the soap reminds me of coffee hour at church. in a good way. because with those big coffee urns with the spigot there was a way that it always tasted as if the wooden pews had got in with the coffee and blended somehow. i don't know how they do it folks but this soap is like that. anyway the Misk U fragrance is masterpiece perfect and the soap is like a little dose of that every time you shower or bathe. it compelled me to order the perfume and i'm pretty sure i will need a lifetime supply of the candles...